Name Change

Who Can Help?

Flagstaff office

123 N. San Francisco St. 3rd Floor
Flagstaff, Arizona 86001
(800) 774-1478

Sedona office

120 Soldiers Pass Rd
Sedona, Arizona 86336
(800) 774-1478
Flagstaff Business News best of Business Winner Award 2019

There are many reasons a person may choose to change their name or their minor child’s name. This is fairly common procedure after a divorce. There are specific steps which you will need to follow in order to change your name. The following is a brief description of the legal process:

First. Complete the Arizona Name Change Forms, which can be found here. *Please note, these forms are prepared for Maricopa County Superior Court. However, they are accepted in any superior court if you cross out “Maricopa” and enter the name of your county. Alternatively, you can visit the Self Help Center at your local superior court for forms created for that county.

Second. Take or mail one (1) original and two (2) copies to the superior court in your county. The clerk will file the original and stamp and return the copies.

Third. Attend the name change hearing set by the court.

Finally. Make certified copies of the court’s order changing your name from the Clerk of the Court. Then, send copies to the Social Security Administration, the Department of Motor Vehicles, your bank, and any other relevant institutions.

We are Northern Arizona’s premier law firm. If you need to speak with a Northern Arizona Lawyer for any reason, contact us today at (928) 774-1478!

We can help you evaluate the circumstances you are dealing with to determine your best options for the most successful outcome possible.

still have questions?

Contact Us!

Please do not provide confidential or sensitive information pertaining to a matter via this form. We are not able to treat that information as privileged or confidential without first entering into an attorney-client relationship. Use of this form does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.