Traffic violations are common among Arizona’s drivers, and many people are unaware of their right to contest the citation or negotiate the punishment. Whether you’ve received a civil speeding ticket or a criminal charge, the consequences can be severe. Any traffic violation may lead to increased insurance rates in addition to the criminal or civil fines.
The AWD LAW® team will offer an aggressive defense to ensure that you receive the least severe sentence possible. We fight for the best outcome possible which may include reduced charges or, in some cases, complete dismissal.
Arizona MVD Penalties
Below is information from the Arizona Department of Transportation on the possible point penalties and offenses for which they may suspend or revoke your license:
The following are the points that could be assessed for different traffic offenses:
- DUI – 8 points
- Extreme DUI – 8 points
- Reckless Driving – 8 points
- Aggressive Driving– 8 points
- Leaving the scene of accident, hit-and-run – 6 points
- Failure to stop for a traffic signal, stop sign or to yield, causing death – 6 points
- Failure to stop for a traffic signal, stop sign, or to yield, causing serious injury – 4 points
- Speeding – 3 points
- Driving over or parking in a gore area –3 points
- All other moving violations – 2 points
Your license may be suspended or revoked for any of the following:
- You have been convicted of frequent, serious offenses
- You have been convicted of reckless driving
- You are have been deemed “medically unsafe” to drive
- You have used or allowed another to use your license unlawfully or fraudulently
- You have been convicted of a DUI/DWI
- You have refused to take a or failed a breathalyzer or blood test
- You are under 21 and have been convicted of possessing or consuming alcohol or illegal drugs
- You have a warrant from another state
- Any other offense with a mandatory punishment of license suspension revocation
We are Northern Arizona’s DUI/DWI and Criminal Defense lawyers. Contact us at 1-800-774-1478 or 928-774-1478. After hours please call Wendy Edwards at 928-380-2162.
We can help you evaluate the circumstances of your case and determine your best options for the most successful outcome possible.